The borderless nature of the internet means a state-by-state approach to mobile wagering in the United States presents challenges, especially as it pertains to responsible gaming and problem gambling.
The stakes are high, the complexities are significant, and there is a regulatory imperative to get this right for all stakeholders across the sports betting ecosystem.
In the webinar, our expert panel discussed:
- Friction points and how to eliminate them
Consumers first: Ensuring those that need help can easily get it
- Self-Exclusion: Should we look to separate iGaming and centralize it like in the UK, Australia & Spain?
- Helplines, Having A Game Plan, Lived Experience Education and Being
- Bettor Safe – The tools are there – how do we get more adoption?
- Best practices that should be top of mind for industry
- Cait DeBaun (Moderator) – VP, Strategic Communications & Responsibility, American Gaming Association (AGA)
- Brianne Doura-Schawohl – VP, U.S. Policy and Strategic Development, Epic Risk Management
- Rich Taylor – Responsible Gambling Program Manager, BetMGM
- Anna Sainsbury – Trustee, Conscious Gaming, Founder and Chairman, GeoComply